Tuesday, April 13, 2010

LT4

"Doubt the first/Cry the second/Love the third/Live the fourth"

That is exactly what I did this past weekend.

My school has a retreat called Kairos that you have to enter a lottery to attend. Don't ask me about the selection process cuz I honestly couldn't tell you; word on the street is that you get chosen when it's your time, when you need it most in your life. Well it took me three years to get called (I actually forgot I had signed up freshman year) and it was worth every second of waiting.

There is a cloud of secrecy surrounding the event - there is no guarantee that you'll get chosen to go, you're not always aware of who is attending/has attended, and those that you know went won't discuss what goes on. It's not even like they make you swear to keep silent or anything; all participant just reach a mutual, unspoken understanding that to discuss it would be to utterly ruin it for future participants.

Although this is my personal blog, you never know who can stumble across such things on the world wide web and I would hate to be the person who denies future generations the joy I felt, the lessons that I learned. And I guess it could be said that if I wasn't gonna go into detail then why write it, but once again it's my blog and that's my prerogative at the moment (shout out to Bobby Brown).

All I will say is that this past weekend was one of the most powerful weekends of my life. I learned to look deep within myself and bring what's always been there to the surface.

The one secret I can tell you is that you're loved. Each and every one of us has impacted a life, whether we're aware of it or not. You may think a simple hi is nothing, but to someone else it's everything.

You are loved.

And that makes the world of difference.

I doubted the first day of the retreat. I cried the second. I loved the third. And for here on out, I'll be living everyday as if it were the fourth.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a beautiful experience during
    Kairos. Also sounds like you finally had her name chosen which I am sure made the retreat even more special.

    I agree that people are loved in this world if they simply allow and accept the love. me and my girl had a conversation last night where she spoke of enrichment things that I had said and/or done in the past that really changed the way she felt about certain areas of life.


    Kinda caught me off guard. Made me feel appreciated.

    ReplyDelete