Monday, March 8, 2010

Who Am I...

... to say what love is?

Love is one of the most powerful things a person can experience in their life, a sentiment that gives life it's meaning. Whether it's love of self, a friend, object, family member, or of the romantic nature, everyone at some point has experienced it.

So, who am I to say what love is?

To say who can love who and how they can show that affection.

I am a young woman who is attracted to the opposite gender. That is how I choose to live my life, that is what makes me comfortable.

But, who am I to say what love is?

To tell another that their version of it is skewed. That what they feel for another is wrong

I never understand why people have a problem with homosexuality. If the people in question are happy, why aren't you?

I strongly dislike when males are homophobic because, more often than not, they feel as though they are at risk somehow.

Get off your high horse and stop flattering yourself.

Not every female is attracted to you, so what makes you so sure that every homosexual male will be?

Now I'm in no position to judge another person, but if you're going to dislike something, please have a reason that holds water.

Who am I to say what love is?

I'm only a person who dreams of someday finding the love that others have been blessed with. The kind of love that transcends distance and time. The kind that is so meaningful that persecution and prejudice fails to tarnish it.

...

The end.

2 comments:

  1. As I have grown older I too assume the responsibility of not really knowing what love is. Not really. I just know when I feel it, and miss the feeling.

    Since you have acquired this taste at such an early age...I have to believe that you are wise beyond your years, which is a very good thing.

    I think love can be defined better, by never truly being able to be defined. If that makes sense.

    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes perfect sense; it's always changing, an abstract sentiment that can't be summed up by Webster and his cohorts.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete